Manual Handling Train The Trainer: City & Guilds Certificate
This 2 day City & Guilds qualification is a practical and interactive course which will provide the technical knowledge, training skills and course material to design, develop and deliver effective manual handling training.
Key benefits of the course:
- Nationally recognized certificate
- Caters for a range of experience levels and sectors
- Highly experienced instructors running the course
- Participants receive a unique manual handling instructor pack
The course concentrates upon the safe handling of materials and goods (rather than patients). Therefore, it is suitable for sectors such as manufacturing, office, construction, distribution, logistics.
- Managers and supervisors intending to conduct in-house training
- Consultants and trainers providing services to a range of clients
- Existing providers of manual handling training who want refresher certification
The course is suitable for participants from a wide range of backgrounds. Health and safety management experience as well as training qualifications are useful but are not a pre-requisite as participants will be trained in both the technical and the training related issues.
Exclusive instructor pack contains:
- Comprehensive course manual
- Lesson plans for suggested courses
- CD containing a copy of the course overheads and suggested handler presentations
- Time saving extras such as a test paper, practical assessment sheet and risk assessment form
- Develop candidate skills to run training sessions on manual handling with the confidence to answer commonly occurring questions
- Understand how to motivate trainees and ensure the effectiveness of the training - a major hurdle which many courses fail to address adequately.
- Develop a working knowledge of the anatomy of the spine and appreciate the impact on the spine of both good and bad handling technique
- Understand the principles of safe handling and be able to explain safe handling to others in a logical and memorable manner
- Understand the Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992 and be able to perform manual handling risk assessments
Course Assessment: There is a written assessment and practical teaching task to complete
Duration: 2 Days
Course Verifier: City & Guilds
Book Now: click here
Course Info: for further info/course dates/fees please email email@example.com